The field of algorithmic stablecoins has taken a huge hit after the infamous collapse of the entire Terra ecosystem (including UST).
After the crash, the community split into two: those who support the new version of Terra, which kept the name, and those who support the old version, Terra Classic.
- In the past 24 hours, the stablecoin called Terra Classic USD, or USTC, soared 40%, uncharacteristically for a cryptocurrency designed to stay flat.
- This comes as Tobias Andersen presented a proposal to re-pin the stablecoin and thereby address some of the existing challenges facing the protocol.
- titled Proposal to reactivate Terra Classic USTC, the document proposes to reduce the debt accumulated in May during the “black swan” event (as he calls it).
- To do this, the blockchain engineer proposes a process to recapitalize the stablecoin using quantitative easing (QE)-like measures without giving too much detail on the matter.
- In addition to this, Andersen believes that USTC should be reset to its original value of $1.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to sign up and get $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures in your first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer – Use this link to sign up and enter code POTATO50 to receive up to $7,000 in your deposits.