Welcome visitor! By now you probably know that DooZER has a couple of nice features, some of which have already been explained in the article ” DooZER Input Parameters in DetailHowever, we wanted to bundle all these cool features into one post, so… happy reading!
This feature is easy to understand. It’s just a pause, a pause during which DooZER won’t open new baskets, if the current one is closed. Whether DooZER will open additional trades in the current basket or not depends on the break type. More on this in the article “Understanding pauses”. However, one thing is clear: built-in pauses (or autopauses) cannot be disabled by simply pressing the “Pause” button (notice how the button name changes to “AutoPause”), as they are intended to do not trade during news, Non-Farm Pay Day, Friday afternoon, etc. If you really want to disallow autopause and trade with DooZER, you need to go into the input parameters and turn off whatever caused DooZER to stop: if it’s news, turn off the news filter, if it’s Next, NFP turn off the NPF filter, etc. However, we recommend that you do not interfere with DooZER. The auto-pause feature will be activated in the following cases:
- If the news filter is active and we are within the time window “minutes before news >> hour of news >> minutes after news”. If you want to disable this automatic pause and trade with DooZER, set “Use news filter” to “false” in the input parameters.
- If the NFP filter is active and it is the first Friday of the month. If you want to disable this automatic break, set “Use automatic break on non-farm payroll day” to “false”.
- If it’s Friday and we’ve reached the set time to stop DooZER. If you want to disable this auto-pause, set “Friday Auto-Pause Time (Server Time)” to “DO_NOT_PAUSE”.
- If the Auto Close Before Weekend feature is on, it is Friday after 20:00 GMT and the basket has been closed. If you want to disable this automatic pause, set “Use auto-close before weekend” to “false”.
- If there is a time to schedule a break, and we have within the time window “minutes before the news >> scheduled break time >> minutes after the news”. If you want to disable this automatic pause, set “Additional automatic pause time (server time)” to “DO_NOT_PAUSE”.
Note how when the auto pause feature is active for any of the above reasons, the “EA Pause” button is pressed (“Tomato” is the default color ON) and the button now says “Auto Pause”. If you try to disable the button, you will get a popup error message.
This feature is only enabled when the “Use AutoBrE/Auto Close on News” filter is active, there are news items appearing, and DooZER is trying to close the current basket. This feature will remain active until DooZER finally closes the current basket or, failing that, until 5 minutes before the news (more on that in the next feature). If you want to disable this feature and make DooZER not even break the current basket before news, set “Use AutoBrE/AutoClose on News” to “false” in the input parameters.
Note how when the AutoBreakEven feature is active, the “Break Even” button is pressed (“Tomato” is the default ON color) and the button now says “AutoBrE”. If you try to disable the button, you will get a popup error message.
The auto close feature is a sort of last resort in case the current open basket cannot be profitably closed or balanced. The idea is not to have an open basket when the news hits or over the weekend, for obvious reasons. This feature is always accompanied by a floating P/L trigger where you have to decide the tolerated unrealized profit after which DooZER can close the basket. There are two cases where the auto-close feature can be active, as follows:
- If the filter “Use AutoBrE/Auto Close on News” is active, there are 5 minutes or less for the news and the floating P/L is equal to or higher (more towards the positive end) than the indicated amount in “Auto Close on News Trigger”. P/L” parameter. If you want to prevent DooZER from closing the basket under these circumstances, set the “Use AutoBrE/AutoClose on News” filter to “false”.
If the filter “Use auto-close before the weekend” is active, it is Friday after 20:00 GMT and the floating P/L is equal to or greater (more towards the positive end) than the amount shown to “Automatic Close Before Weekend Trigger P”. /L” parameter. If you want to prevent DooZER from closing the basket in this case, set “Use auto-close before weekend” to “false”.
Note how when the auto close feature is active, the “Break even” button is pressed (“Tomato” is the default color ON) and the button now says “Auto Close”. If you try to disable the button, you will get a popup error message.
This is a very interesting addition that we added at a later stage once we started testing DooZER. It was not planned during the design phase. During our testing we noticed that sometimes after a “buy” signal and due to price action, DooZER could receive a “sell” signal. At this point we still don’t know where the price will go, but we have a buy and sell order ready to “capture” the trend. Generally, these buy and sell orders are very close to each other, and the floating P/L is theoretically zero if the spread is tight, only negative because of the broker’s commission. In some other cases, however, we observed a “positive” gap between the buy and sell order where even after subtracting the broker’s commission, the floating P/L was positive. So we had a situation where long volume equals short volume and there is a locked in floating positive P/L that will not change no matter what the price does. We decided that if this locked-in positive P/L was significant enough, we would take DooZER’s profits and start over. We can’t reveal much more about how, where and when to cash out and open a new trade, but just remember the main concept: conflicting buy and sell signals, uncertain price but positive floating P/L locked in, usually cash it out and start a basket new
Please note that when the LockIn function starts, there is a status message that says “Profit Locked” and DooZER is ready to close the current basket at the appropriate time.