The total value of liquidated positions on a 24-hour scale increases again, reaching $400 million.
This comes as the entire crypto market has turned red, with ETH leading the way after a violent 10% daily plunge.
- The price of Ethereum was already struggling after the long-awaited merger, as Mark Cuban’s prediction of a sell-on-the-news event seems to have come true.
- The asset was trading around $1,600 last Thursday when the merger finally happened, but began to fall hours later.
- It entered the weekend around $1,450, but the last 12 hours caused a lot of pain for the bulls as ETH fell below $1,300 for the first time since mid-July.
- The rest of the market is not in better shape. Bitcoin rose to just over $20,000 yesterday, but the mainstream crypto has also taken a big hit and is now struggling below $19,000.
- Cardano, Polkadot, Shiba Inu, and Polygon have also dumped up to 10% of the largest-cap altcoins.
- Small- and mid-caps are also suffering heavily, with Uniswap, NEAR, Litecoin and Chainlink posting double-digit losses.
- The global crypto market cap shrinks by $60 billion daily to just over $900 billion on CoinMarketCap. These adverse price moves come ahead of expected interest rate hikes by the US and EU central banks this week.
- Given this heightened volatility, it’s no surprise that total liquidations have soared to just under $400 million on a daily basis. In the last 12 hours alone, they have been $300 million.
- Over 120,000 traders have seen their positions destroyed and the largest liquidations taking place on BitMEX, worth $10 million.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to sign up and get $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures in your first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer – Use this link to sign up and enter code POTATO50 to receive up to $7,000 in your deposits.